About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Customer Channels Group, within Thermo Fisher Scientific, delivers a comprehensive array of products and services to the scientific research, healthcare, safety and industrial markets. Our portfolio offers the broadest array of consumables, equipment and supplies, sourced from thousands of manufacturers around the world. We also offer our customers supply-chain managerial services, delivery systems and business solutions that enable them to lower their costs, enhance efficiency and focus on their core areas of expertise.
UnityTM Lab Services is a business segment that supports the Customer Channels Group, which provides critical outsourced on-site services at customer locations focused on improving supply chain and research operations efficiency and effectiveness. Examples of these services are Stockroom and point-of-use inventory management, sourcing and order management, dock management, asset management, and laboratory support services including glassware washing, gas cylinder management, and media preparation. We provide services at over 400 customer sites globally, which deepens the customer relationship and creates value for our customers through improved productivity, data to drive decisions, and lowered operating costs.
- Perform advanced functional tasks/operations within the chemical management database
- Provide advanced chemical assessments as required in support of Research operations
- Partner with clients to identify special reporting needs; Develop and execute said reports
- Provide basic and advanced client reports as required, including operational Metrics
- Conducting/coordinating/supporting a physical inventory (‘Lab Audit’) program for the site
- Maintain site accuracy of chemical locations through lab audits, movement change requests and returns
- Escalate/expedite with supplier and management if stockroom supplies and chemical replenishment orders do not meet customer requirements
- Provide Lead support for onsite chemical storage, review, evaluation, and purge
- Provide Lead support for chemical storage code assignment
- Provide chemical management system training to clients and team
- Sustain and maintain the chemical stockroom inventory (if applicable)
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log sheets
- Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
- Providing customer support as needed to clients (EHS, R&D, QAL, Ops)
Occasional Relief Responsibilities (as dictated by staff workload requirements):
- Pickup of hazardous waste –
- Assisting in registration of chemicals into a chemical database
- Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Radioactive isotope parcel receipt and processing
- Ordering of stockroom supplies and chemicals
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking and standing may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May require the use of material handling equipment, such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.