When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Administrative Assistant II supports Operations, Supply Chain and Quality/Regulatory Affairs. Responsible for all aspects of administrative support for the Directors of Operations, Supply Chain and Quality & Regulatory including travel plans and expense reports, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, ordering of supplies and providing support to staff members. Collaborate with other administrative assistants or team members on large company projects. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Operations and will be dotted line to support the Directors of Supply Chain, Quality & Regulatory and R&D.
- Receiving and directing visitors including coordination of workstations
- Managing calendars and booking conference rooms for meetings, as well as any necessary event arrangements
- Making travel arrangements and managing expense reports.
- Preparing reports as needed by team or directors
- Taking minutes at specified meetings and distribute to appropriate people
- Maintain department’s office supply, inventory and ordering as needed
- Implement and follow through of action items derived from attended meetings, as well as verbally from Director of Operations, Supply Chain, Quality/Regulatory or R&D and distribution of reports
- Reconcile expenses, invoices and bills
- Training staff on the use of Concur (Expense Management System)
- Track and maintain all facility action items
- Assist in on-boarding of new hires
- Administer catering orders when requested by a department
- Plan interpreter setup for all company meetings
- Prepare proficiency surveys for ASHI, CAP, UK, AFDT & UCLA
- Process credit card authorizations working through JP Morgan website
- As needed, support operations, engineering and other departments for adhoc requests.
- Provide Receptionist and Executive Assistant back-up support as needed
- Assist in the areas of continuous improvement, cost reductions, and similar important areas
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of administrative, project coordinator and/or office experience
- Strong computer and internet research skills with experience with Excel, Word, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Highly organized and flexible to administer different projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines
- Maintain sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Strong team building skills and proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Normal manufacturing environment
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas where designated PPE will be required
- Position will require sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time
- Associates Degree or Higher is a plus
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.