Team Lead, Training
Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
This position will play a key role in developing and implementing a more robust New Hire Onboarding for all employees as well as a training program for manufacturing and distribution operations. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with stakeholders across our business to build an introduction to Thermo Fisher Scientific, identify training needs, and develop effective training programs for operations while simultaneously building capabilities within the site training team. Success in this role will be measured by our ability to deliver a high quality, integrated onboarding and training programs – right the first time, on time.
New Hire Onboarding Program
- Conduct new hire onboarding for all full time and temporary employees in all job functions.
- Partner with stakeholders including HR, safety, and quality to develop and maintain content of new hire onboarding program.
- Creatively develop an inclusive environment that encourages questions and develops comradery amongst groups.
Operations Training Program
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate job training needs for processes in all Manufacturing and Distribution departments.
- Partner with Training Coordinators to design and deliver training programs based on Master Control documentation as determined by new hire/transfer needs.
- Coordinate training with Manufacturing and Distribution managers, supervisors and production schedulers to ensure smooth flow of daily production processes.
- Maintain familiarity with all jobs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within the department in order to provide appropriate training.
- Conduct training classes utilizing best in class classroom techniques and software technology in conjunction with on-the-job training.
- Evaluate all change orders to determine training needs and assignments.
- Hire and train Training Coordinators including supervising their daily responsibilities and work flow.
- Provide Coordinators with ongoing coaching as well as performance and professional development goals as part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Performance Management process.
- Manage training documentation and Master Control.
- Maintain a disciplined environment and enforce departmental and company policies.
- Utilizing audits of production processes, of WIP discards and of customer complaints, investigate deficient quality issues and administer training for corrective action for process and procedure deficiencies.
- Establish methods to monitor and track training effectiveness. Develop performance indicator and report progress. Modify training as necessary.
- Establish methods to monitor quality, scrap, turnover and Onboarding satisfaction levels. Develop performance indicators and report progress. Modify training as necessary.
- In association with production supervisors and managers, develop and /or improve SOP’s to provide up to date instructions for manufacturing and distribution processes.
- Remain current with all company policies and guidelines. Execute policies and rules fairly and consistently.
- Review and update training modules to maintain compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and Quality Systems Regulations (QSR).
- Participate in all Audits as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Experience in manufacturing, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Ability to listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships in a matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various levels and functions within the organization.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials, OSHA safety compliance.