Academic Industry Director, UK
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Loughborough
Position Summary :
- Ensure account strategy and activity is aligned with overall segment strategy, focusing on overall value proposition.
- Drive overall business strategy for segment; coordinate with Marketing on segment dynamics and trends, overall strategy and resulting value proposition and with Pricing on market dynamics affecting pricing strategy for large customers in the segment.
- Create/evaluate target lists for business development or share of wallet gains; measure and monitor execution against targets and maintain a detailed understanding of market dynamics that impact plans/strategies.
- Responsible for overall relationship (including senior level relationship coordination) and overall account management at allocated large European academic and medical research customers.
- Achieve or exceed sales and margin/profit targets for allocated accounts by driving delivery of share of wallet, new business opportunities and portfolio development.
- Responsible for all account development activities including account strategy development, execution and management.
- Responsible for communication of value proposition and value-added programs and services; resource coordination; price and profitability management; coordination of RFP response and RFP avoidance strategy.
- Effectively communicate with field sales teams to ensure tactical execution of account sales plan.
- Manage multiple segment-specific customers; may have strategic business development customers as well.
- Develop and maintain relationships at senior levels in customers, RSD, TMO and suppliers.
- Coordinate with Sales, Segment-Marketing and Finance to support both account specific and segment-level initiatives and contribute to the business forecasting and planning process.
- Bachelors degree (in a Science preferred); MBA preferred.
- Relevant work experience; strong background in science and the specific industry segment.
- Advanced strategic selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple geographies, cultures and across customer functional areas such as Sourcing, Production, Research, Facilities, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, and Materials Management.
- Knowledge of the channels (distribution) business, to include value added service offerings, preferred.
- An ability to coordinate needs assessments across locations and an ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition which includes all of the company’s capabilities.
- Understanding of the business drivers for the academic and medical research segment in general.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation software a plus.
- General Management experience not required, but a plus.
- Embodies the 4-I Values (Acts with integrity. Achieves results through intensity, innovation, and involvement)
- Builds Customer Allegiance (Delights and ensures trust with internal and/or external customers)
- Communicates openly (Communicates honestly and effectively with subordinates, peers, manager, & senior leaders)
- Drives Growth (Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus, and an understanding of the goal tree)
- Leverages Business Acumen (Makes profitable business decisions, incorporates contingency planning into strategies, and makes data-based decisions)
- Develops People Including Self (Practices self development and champions employee development and growth)
- Embraces PPI (Embraces Continuous Improvement by using PPI to improve processes & solve problems)
- Drives Continuous Learning (Raises the bar on processes and results)
- Builds Organizational Relationships (Promotes collaboration, builds teamwork, and leads by example)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong leadership skills, especially in a matrix environment, and a clear demonstration of Thermo Fisher core values.
- Demonstrated business acumen to understand executive level business drivers and communicate an appropriate value proposition to meet the customer’s needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English: Full professional proficiency.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Travel throughout UK.