Industrial / Process Engineer (Distribution)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Lead and support the project implementation from the project design and delivery perspective : create drawings, timing schedule and specifications and project board meetings.
- Complete project risk management including the implementation of project planning and control activities.
- Ensure data is available to support business case justifications and reviews.
- Generate ‘Request for Quotation’ and source new equipment.
- Plan detailed solutions for site redevelopment & storage projects
- Escort contractors working on site as required and issue permits
- Work on site with developer and contractors to ensure build requirements are clearly defined an installed as intended; to the required standard.
- Manage projects budgets to defined targets.
- To minimize the operating cost by reviewing system parameters and recommending changes to process, lead times, and storage capacities
- Plan, develop, gain approval for and implement new standards based on the changing need of the business demand.
- Support the standardization and create and maintain documentation of operational best practices – including the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Visual Instructions & and Tool Box Talks
- Carrying out work study observations (Use BasicMOST techniques), ensuring sufficient observations are made and report the outcome.
- Facilitate innovative continuous improvement projects by seeking to improve & enhance methods and process systems. Support in-house PPI (Practical Process Improvement, Lean Programs)
- Support integration & bedding in of new processes/ practices.
- Analyse and model distribution processes that will identify how the business could operate more cost effectively.
- Design, develop and deploy computer based decision support tools and models across multifunctional teams within the organization.
- Facilitate the design, creation and validation of databases that provide metrics and exception management processes that drive associated standard operating procedures (SOP’s), geared toward taking operating performance to the next level
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related area or equivalent.
- Demonstrable engineering experience within a warehousing and logistics / FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Posses a broad understanding of core warehouse processes and ability to learn new concepts.
- A high level of analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools (MS Access and SQL Server preferred) and databases
- Comfortable in a highly structured / procedural environment
- Good organizational skills and able to thrive with a high level of autonomy and to prioritize own workload
- Strong organizational skills to plan, organize, and set personal and project based priorities
- General project management skills and the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- A high degree of travel may be required at certain times dependent on project timing
- Is experienced in modeling and optimizing warehouse storage capacity with the goal of optimized cube utilization and improved efficiency
- Have awareness of health and safety requirements for contractors operating on site and general safe working practices
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with varying levels and departments within the organization
- Must possess the analytical qualities to make sound decisions, through the conceptualization and evaluation of different courses of action to meet or exceed operational goals issues, and to validate data outcomes
- Must possess strong systems knowledge and project management skills
- Ability to understand the links between performance results and operational activities.
- Strong Excel, 2D AutoCAD & MS Project skills
Advantageous Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to speak Spanish/French/German/Swedish would also be an advantage
- Knowledge of six sigma & lean practices, including 5S
- Knowledge of Prince II practices and principals
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com