As part of the commercial finance organization, provide financial analysis and solutions for a customer segment within the Customer Channels Group focused on the division’s largest customers.
- Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of custom pricing/costing models to support RFP & proactive proposal proformas
- Partner with segment industry sales directors to jointly develop customer proposals including assisting them in making decisions that impact profitability
- Lead the annual price roll project for large customers requiring custom price analysis or customer facing submission templates.
- Provide accurate forecasting and planning information for large customers
- Work with appropriate internal departments to implement pricing and financial terms for new customer contracts and ensure contract compliance
- Performs other duties and project support as assigned
- Demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Proven ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Proven ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required to be successful in this position, as well as, the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouse, COGNOS, and Visual Basic are preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.