As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a permanent Senior Internal Auditor to join our European/Middle East Financial Audit team.
Based at our Inchinnan site, Paisley this key financial audit role reports to the Senior Manager within the team and conducts internal financial audits and risk assessments including testing and documenting financial records for integrity and transaction accuracy across Europe and the Middle East.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to join a fast paced diverse global leader in serving science.
- Executing audit plans, understanding the specific issues to be evaluated within established business process controls
- Develop formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, making recommendations where appropriate
- Facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits
- Perform audits resulting in assurances that our internal controls and processes meet world-class standards
- Work closely with management teams in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, profit improvement, internal control and compliance
- Participate in annual Sarbanes-Oxley assertion and attestation process
- Participate in a variety of special projects
- Assist with the development of risk assessments and audit plans
- Assist in establishing common processes, policies, and procedures across a multi-location, international company
- Bachelor’s Degree and ACA/ACCA/ACMA qualified
- Audit or industry accounting experience either in the public accounting sector or internal audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit/financial experience
- Strong accounting background
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management are prerequisites to success in this position
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and focus on exceeding goals and results
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Effective communication skills
- The role requires around 40% travel per annum, primarily within Europe
*LI - KP1