The purpose of this position is to manage designated accounts in allocated territory that are related to the specialization of Healthcare products and consumables to achieve and exceed sales financial targets.
The Business Development Manager will position Thermo Fisher Scientific as a supplier of choice for customers using Healthcare products.
- Develop and implement key account plans and strategies in line with marketing and sales management objectives.
- Implement key promotions and marketing programs.
- Implementing key account plan objectives, measure quarterly and meeting key product line targets.
- Use of pipeline as a key CRM and reporting tool and monthly report and expense management.
- Ensure that the commercial teams are trained, resourced and supported to drive continued success and profitable growth.
- To ensure that an effective customer contact program is implemented and managed so as to maximise sales growth & key customer relationships.
- Pre-planning of sales calls in order to achieve objectives and pipeline reporting to required standards & deadlines.
- Build long term customer relationships with key accounts and influencers/decision makers and communicate as required in order to ensure opportunities are maximized and customer expectations are met.
- Effective resolution of problems and escalation of issues.
- Updating marketing on activities, progress to goals, & market intelligence via pipeline & general feedback.
- Communication regarding performance to target – wins/issues.
- Assist in the compilation of marketing plans including the detail and execution of the strategy in line with customer needs, business goals and market intelligence.
- Work with the Commercial Leaders to identify new product/service opportunities based on market intelligence.
- Use available intelligence to document competitor position across key aspects of the marketing mix to guide our position and response.
- Contribute to and drive the marketing mix with an emphasis on pricing, product and promotional strategy so that profitability, brand positioning and market share are maximized.
- Work with the central marketing team and Product Managers to create compelling campaigns and collateral to promote portfolio.
- Attend conferences, seminars, trade displays and customer events to ensure awareness of Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities in custom packs.
- Conduct gap analysis and market research to identify areas of opportunity for Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ in this portfolio.
- University degree in marketing, science or related field is desirable.
- 6- 10 years prior field sales and / or business development experience essential.
- Experience effectively managing and implementing brand strategy and marketing mix.
- Track record of operating successfully within an environment focused on high performance and high levels of intensity.
- Experience in working in a global and matrix organisation with a decentralised model.
- Clinical selling experience into the healthcare environment is desirable
- An initiative taker with the ability to work autonomously and with a sense of urgency whilst maintaining an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to successfully operate within an ambiguous, complex and ever changing environment; with the ability to rebound from setbacks and move forward
- Skilled in building formal and informal relationship and networks, inside and outside the organisation, with multiple and diverse groups of people
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritize based on key result areas, to manage time effectively and to meet agreed deadlines