The Bioproduction Account Manager for Cell Culture and Single Use Technology products will be responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell Factory Systems, Rigid containers and configured products within part of the Central region (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary). The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge to work independently in most situations.
Your main responsibilities:
- To influence the use and evaluation Thermo Fisher Single Use Technologies to Industrial Biopharmaceutical and Biotech organisations.
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach in these organisations.
- Manage Key Accounts with key influencers based in the region, some of which may span to other global geographies.
- Together with Sales Manager, build and execute a plan for market development in the region.
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets.
- Maintain and grow business within existing key accounts.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow Thermo Fisher to develop strategies and new products appropriate to the Cell Culture and Single Use businesses.
- Work closely with the Field Applications group to ensure the correct support allocation to key evaluations and projects in the region.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information on a regular basis.
- Work directly and also through channel partners where appropriate.
- Manage, train and motivate channel partners to ensure optimum coverage.
- Several years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the region would be desirable.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support requirements of customers using Cell Factory Systems and bioprocess containers used in and for the production of Cell Therapies, Vaccines, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies across Process Development, Pilot Plant and manufacturing sciences departments
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the region
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with additional stakeholders who would share joint responsibility for certain product groups.
- Fluent in German and English