In this key and highly visible role, you will be responsible for initiating and executing the sales processes for all assigned accounts, primarily via the telephone and e-mail but also using face to face sales techniques within an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
A major objective of the position is the direct two-way person to person interactions with all our customers that start and develop relationships and that through these engagements we will provide best possible representation for the Biologics Division within the Pharma Services Group
What will you do?
- Research and reach out to untouched/new/unknown accounts in assigned geographic areas (new paths to revenue). Make timely outbound calls and follow up on leads.
- Research, identify and make first call to contact new/unknown territory accounts (leverage existing accounts).
- Contribute to pipeline in geographic area assigned.
- Qualify and characterize new customers regarding their needs/pipelines/strategies around Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO).
- Update and document information in CRM (Salesforcec.com).
- Work closely with sales team to map targets and ensure a smooth transition of information.
- Align with current marketing campaigns to ensure appropriate messaging and programs.
- Prepare reports (i.e. activity reports, forecast reports, etc.)
- Proactively communicate to clients regarding CDMO services for biologic large molecules
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by developing new business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Participate in sales programs, technical training, system training, marketing campaigns, and special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Manage on-going customer relationships with a particular focus on new programs and coordination with other sales professionals
- Develop and execute an annual business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (SFDC).
- Attains or exceeds assigned sales, profit, and market share goals consistently as directed and assigned by management.
How will you get there?
Bachelor’s degree in business or science required.Degree in chemistry, biology or related field preferred. Advanced degree preferred
- Three years of related work experience: Lab experience preferred
- Demonstrated Inside Sales experience
- Ability to develop high level of product knowledge and applications sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation
- Proficient understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and a good understanding of formulation and analytical development is preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer facing communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with customers at all levels.
- Skilled in utilizing internet and social media tools for researching and connecting with potential leads.
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry while understanding the competitive posture of the company.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Self-starter, with the desire to succeed.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.