Senior Account Manager Bio Production - Italy
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a Senior Account Manager to join our team of Bio Production experts in Italy. This division is a part of our Life Sciences Solutions Group and we are a well-known leader in innovation in single-use technologies. Every year we manufacture more than 1.5 million BPC chambers and most of which are custom-designed for the specific application use of our clients.
The Bio Production Account Manager for Cell Culture Media/reagents and Single Use Technology products will be responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Cell Culture and Single Use Technology products within Italy. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge to work independently in most situations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of professional growth and development opportunities through the course of your career.
Your key responsibilities:
- To influence the use and evaluation GIBCO Cell Culture Media and Thermo Fisher Single Use Technologies to Industrial Biopharmaceutical and Biotech organizations.
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach in these organizations.
- Manage Key Accounts with key influencers based in the region, some of which may span to other global geographies.
- Together with Sales Manager, build and execute a plan for market development in the region.
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets.
- Maintain and grow business within existing key accounts.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow Life Technologies to develop strategies and new products appropriate to the Cell Culture and Single Use businesses.
- Work closely with the Field Applications group to ensure the correct support allocation to key evaluations and projects in the region.
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information on a regular basis.
Requirements for your experience, competencies and education are:
- Minimum of BS or BA Degree in related subject.
- Several years of selling into the Bio production market and or industry related experience
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the region would be desirable.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support Cell Culture media requirements and bioprocess containers used in the production of Cell Therapy, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, Pilot Plants and manufacturing sciences.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the region
- Ability to work in a matrix style organization with additional stakeholders who would share joint responsibility for certain product groups.
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others.
We additionally value:
People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. It’s in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful.
- We share a core mission. What we do matters and we can make a difference through the jobs we do.
- We thrive on competition.
- We need that energy, and enjoy the stress that comes with it.
- People and culture matters deeply.
- We celebrate diversity and teams. Fun is a critical element. We excel at working effectively across teams.