When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra-low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The Cabinet Assembler assembles parts and sub-assemblies according to design specifications and company quality standards.
- Reviews work order for product specifications and requirements.
- Visually inspects components and completed units during assembly for quality and accuracy.
- Selects & assembles parts and assemblies together in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, braces, tape, etc. to meet specifications.
- Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit according to design specifications.
- Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per specifications.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, hacksaw, and drill press.
- Completes assembly processes to finish the unit in specified sequence.
- Ensures that completed unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Cleans immediate work area on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- improvement initiative based on technical expertise and knowledge of the testing processes.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards
- Work on Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
- Requires the ability to read and interpret product print drawings.
- Must have a general knowledge of specified product lines and terminology.
- Must know cabinet assembly techniques and company quality standards.
- Requires skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools such as drills, pop rivet guns, router, air guns, band saws, and drill press.
- Three to six months work experience is required to become skilled in most aspects of the job.
- Moves to various workstations in the area with bending, reaching and handling bulky parts common to the job.
- Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Good eye/hand and foot coordination necessary.