Accounts Payable Representative – UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway
Working as part of a large team within a dynamic environment the candidate must work well on their own and also as part of the larger AP team.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Accurate and timely input of information which, is essential to the company’s payment processes (vendor invoices) and to the monthly reporting of results to the Corporation.
- Ensuring all transactions are appropriately authorised and approved in line with the Global Corporate Authorisation Policy.
- Responsible for timely posting and clearing of appropriately authorised AP cash clearing account transactions.
- Timely checking and accurate processing of invoices.
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices payments.
- Interface with various internal departments and external suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Timely posting and clearing of DD accounts.
- Manage up to date vendor open items.
- May perform other related/ad hoc tasks/projects as required and/or assigned.
- Outlook email management
- Adherence to departmental SLAs
- Attainment of operational monthly team targets
- Self motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Ownership awareness
- Risk and Control awareness
- Team focused
- Understanding and appreciation of audit and SOX requirements
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with all levels of personnel in and outside the company. Excellent communication skills and a professional approach at all times are essential. Initiative and organisational skills are required to ensure the timely completion of high volume work. Good system knowledge is essential to perform this role effectively and efficiently.
Education and Experience:
Educated to Standard Grade level or equivalent. Relevant experience of an Accounts Payable Department, ideally with experience in a high volume processing function, within a multi-national environment.
Has contact with all level of company employees, outside agencies and consultants.
Works in an open office environment with air conditioning. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Regular viewing of computer monitor normal with telephone interruptions. There may be a requirement to work overtime and travel on occasions.