At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for communicating and maintaining the Quality
System for the site. This person will communicate the quality policy and objectives while ensuring the prescribed objectives are met. In this position you will be the principal QA lead for reagent materials, execute document control analyst activities, administer the calibration program and develop and implement an effective training plan consistent with company and site training.
- Conducting daily review of key performance quality metrics
- Releasing “Quarantined” product into good upon the receipt of documentation from QC and Manufacturing
- Notifying Operations Manager and QA Supervisor/Manager of any unusual trends and managing investigation efforts
- Verifying that the system is identifying “released” product accurately
- Work closely with Operations to identify and correct any system or human generated discrepancies inclusive of corrective and preventative action.
- Assist in trending data to look for ways to improve quality processes.
- Guide internal customers in determining root cause of discrepancies and the development of corrective actions
- Make suggestions on quality improvements
- Facilitate change control process when changes are made to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Work Instructions (CWIs).
- Reviewing final QC Batch Release reports to ensure accuracy
- Creating Certificates of Assurance for products managed by the site
- Manage and administer the site's equipment calibration process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.