When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our Laboratory Chemicals business has exceptional growth potential. Laboratory Chemicals was built from several acquisitions and provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. Laboratory Chemicals has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, particularly Asia. Laboratory Chemicals has 14 operational facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia, and sells a significant portion of its products through Thermo Fisher customers channels group in major Western markets.
As a QC Chemist II you will be responsible for testing reagent chemicals in accordance with ACS, USP and other outlined company procedures, including analysis by GC, HPLC and other instrumental methods. You will be using wet chemistry technique.
- Test samples in accordance with established procedures and using all instrumentation required in the procedures, including AA, LC, GC-FID, GC-EC, GC-MS, IR, ICAP, UV-VIS.
- Segregate, label and dispose of waste chemicals in accordance with company, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain productivity and analytical data to meet required standards.
- Test samples using wet chemistry technique.
- Prepare and calibrate reagent standards.
- Investigate consumer complaints and communicate with customers as needed.
- Perform elementary method analysis and development for troubleshooting purposes. Make recommendations to technical support on analytical methods.
- Repair, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments.
- Review biological test results received from outside testing lab
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Assist with resolution of customer complaints and reviewing batch records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years of laboratory experience
- Knowledge of biological/Microbiological testing is plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven problem-solving skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.