Firmware lead engineer will be a member of a global R&D team, involved in investigations on new product technology. Responsibilities include work from India engineering Center with global cross functional team and external R&D partners. Define the embedded software/firmware sub system, system requirements from product requirements. You will contribute to all phases of embedded software development. You will work on problems/projects of diverse complexity; Exercise independent judgment to identify and recommend a design solution; Acquire and apply subject matter knowledge to solve product/customer issues and implement recommended solutions.
- Derive product level requirements into system/sub system level functional requirements.
- Work independently and with vendor resources to implement new/existing product design projects requirements.
- Create, own design input & output document deliverables within the project.
- Work with cross functional teams to execute the project.
- Work with verification and validation engineers to ensure quality deliverables with thorough test plans and test execution
- Promote and create standardization and re-usable design libraries that can be reused in subsequent projects.
- Perform code Review to ensure quality of firmware developed by the design team.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience in embedded software/Firmware development with 2 years experience as a technical/team lead.
- Experience in Embedded Linux and Linux driver development is must.
- Good experience in firmware development with 8, 16, 32 bit Controllers / Processors.
- Proficient in assembly language programming and debugging.
- Strong knowledge /experience with embedded systems firmware development for sensors & control application algorithm developments.
- 6+ years experienced in embedded C programming with good understanding of Embedded Linux, Win CE real-time OS, Board Support Packages, API calls, foreground loops with interrupts.
- Experience in implementing wired and wireless communications protocols, device communication protocols and standard bus interfaces.
- Experience in source control systems such as SVN or equivalent and bug tracking databases such as Bugzilla or equivalent required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Experience with debugging using Trace-32 / Windbg or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of multiple firmware design tools and languages
- Prior work experience in Laboratory equipment product development
- Experience with Designing, developing firmware and integration with other sub-systems