When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOPs/WINs.
- Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment in a team-based laboratory environment.
- Regularly evaluate test results, either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (complete BRs, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Leads/Supervisors).
- Continuously strive to improve output goals.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving capacity.
- Proactively identifies production problems with a goal of reducing work in process, queues, and cycle times.
- Inform management about problems/questions and be prepared to discuss them clearly.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and help exercise judgment in selecting the best solution.
- Help provide decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to improve lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
- Balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Work in a safe manner.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Biosciences, Chemistry, or equivalent required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.