When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) team works in a fast-paced/agile environment required to deliver new features very often to the market. The application is a cloud-based Java/JEE web app, extensively using multiple AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, SQS, SNS. The team collaborates with multiple internal teams working on Thermo Fisher Cloud and Core Informatics platforms. The design and development follows the industry-standard scrum-based agile development process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Implementation Specialist is responsible for solution configuration and implementation against defined user requirements specifications, under the direction of a Business Analyst.
- Detailed Solution Implementation responsibilities
- Implement configurations on the Core Platform as defined in the URS (User Requirements Specification) document or jira user stories
- Perform unit and integration testing of implemented configurations
- Resolve identified issues requiring changes to implemented configurations
- Develop UAT scripts (test cases) for configurations implemented and execute internal UAT
- Develop demo videos for configurations implemented
- Participate in requirements gathering and solution review sessions with customers, track feedback, and assist in writing user requirement documents
- Work closely with engineering resources to define requirements for product changes
- Contribute to the development of and tracking against project plans around configuration progress, milestones and targeted go-live date
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business objectives and develop risk mitigation plans to manage the risk with Customer and Core Informatics team members.
- Ensure all customer communication and documentation is recorded in appropriate repositories (JIRA, Confluence etc.) to maintain product documentation.
- Support platform validation by assisting internal and customer resources in defining scripts in line with the URS and UAT documents.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Required Experience :
- 5+ years of life sciences experience
- Good understanding of laboratory processes and methods
- Good understanding of Information Technology and enterprise information management solutions
- Experience with building applications using genomic/proteomic data and Bioinformatics tools/ algorithms/file formats
- Highly organized, creative and motivated, energized working in entrepreneurial culture
- A self-starter with excellent written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities, work independently and be proactive and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate issues, risk and work proactively to develop alternatives to ensure delivery.
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software delivery models.
- Expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political accounts at the most senior IT and business levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a scientific discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering) or equivalent education and experience
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India.
Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.