When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This is an entry-level sales position. This position is designed to promote the development of the successful candidate who has achieved the academic requirements, may have practical lab experience and has demonstrated a sales aptitude applicable to the position, but may lack sales experience in our industry.
The candidate will be forwarded the opportunity and expected to learn and develop those skills necessary (as structured by management) to perform all job duties. The position coordinates sales processes for assigned accounts, primarily via the telephone and e-mail but also using face to face sales techniques for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The incumbent will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits, and applications accompanied with selling skills to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote and consummate the sales of the ADME products to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The primary functional objective of the position is the direct two-way person-to-person interactions with customers that start and develop relationships and through these engagements we will achieve the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific Biosciences business.
- Manage an assigned territory of accounts within North America
- Build relationships with customers and demonstrate the use of telephone selling skills.
- Provide solutions through the use of our products, creating the value proposition and closing the deal.
- Achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing prime calling periods.
- Coordinate contracts/ quotations within business guidelines
- Required to learn and practice Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation.
- Develop analytical and business planning skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Develops platform, organizational and prioritization skills. Job encounters diverse work situations involving a moderate degree of complexity.
Be able to travel as needed for required meetings and quarterly customer visits. Must be available to work various times during the workweek to accommodate best calling times in multiple North America time zones. This may include a variable work schedule to accommodate customer availability. The employee must occasionally lift objects up to 40 lb. such as catalog cases. Maintain assigned equipment and tools provided by the Company in clean and working condition.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Life Sciences. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs.
- Excellent organization skills as well as demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives.
- Science background a plus
- Sales experience; quota based experience
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.