EMEA Regional Market Development Manager, Africa
Organisation: Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG EMEA Regional Marketing
Reports to: LSG EMEA Marketing Leader and dotted line to Africa LSG Country leader
The primary objective of the EMEA regional marketing organization is to lead the transformation of business strategy into regionally relevant, inspiring marketing that creates customer value, revenue and growth. With that in mind the specific objectives of this role are:
- To establish the regional marketing strategy for LSG in Africa
- To work closely with the Commercial sales leaders to achieve financial goals
- To create, deliver and deploy marketing activities to drive the finincial goals of Africa through all LSG business units and product portfolio. This will include market analysis, planning, measurement and analysis.
- Regularly interact with senior leadership, negotiate and influence on critical policy-making decisions both within the Africa leadership team and the Extended EMEA Marketing Leadership Team (EMLT)
- Responsibility for Africa Marketing OpEx and ensuring the ROI of marekting activities are in line with EMEA targets
- A leader and advocate of Africa in the region, and a leader and advocate for EMEA in Africa
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Market Development Teams to develop and execute marketing campaigns and projects.
- Work collaboratively with the EMEA Marketing Operations team to refine and deploy both global and regional activites including campaigns, digital marketing and events
- Launch new products in and engaging and collaborative manner, hitting top line targets within the PV2 timeframe.
Revenue & Budget Responsibility:
- Works in close association with local Africa commercial teams to deliver regional revenue targets.
- Set regional pricing, during the anaul pricing round and off cycle to adjust and ensure price points are regionally relevant & based on input of the business, sales leaders and the competitive environment.
Strategy Development & Regional Representation for Business:
- Develops for region, in harmony with other Regional and Global Market Development Managers, strategic marketing plans which clearly identify core strategy, competitive and customer targets, marketing mix and functional support required to meet stated strategic goals.
- Leads campaign strategy, channel mix and ensures deployment; Reviews metrics & adjustments
- Visits customers and leads/recommends segmentation strategy
- Responsible for integrating Africa regional marketing dynamics into business strategy using analysis of markets, customer segmentation, competitive environment. Responsible for regional customer feedback (VOC) and sales feedback (VOS) into the business units and division.
- Providing input on opportunities, product positioning and value proposition in the market for new and existing products.
- Prepares and presents at business reviews and marketing reviews as appropriate.
- Assists marketing operations team in identifying and developing effective promotional, sales tools and collateral marketing pieces for the regional market.
- Engages measurements of success for marketing communications effectiveness, adjusting activites appropriately to meet targets. Participates in Regional marketing operating mechanisms.
Nature and Scope:
- This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing the Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition, strategic marketing and communication plans.
- Specifically this role will be required to interact continuously with Thermo Fisher Scientific EMEA regional marketing team, Africa sales team and US based LSG divisional teams.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a general knowledge of those operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products/services.
- Decisions are made within opearting constraints; proposed solutions are expected to be both creative and practical.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to influence and gain the cooperation of others and conduct presentations scientifc and technical content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related discipline, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or the equivalent education and experience are required.
- Demonstrated Leadership/Influencing experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customers.
- Five to seven years in a marketing role.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to establish networks at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy into tactical plans and execute against those plans.
- Experience of value capture strategy, brand development, selling philosophy, channel best practice, product positioning and market research.
- Track record of launching products into a scientific marketplace.
- Business development skills, matrix and cross-functional team experience preferred.
- Proven ability to see new business opportunities set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships also preferred.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Has contact with all levels of company employees and external customers.
- Works in an office or home office environment.
Frequent travel within Africa, EM