When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Clinical Diagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for an R&D Instrumentation Scientist/Specialist to help define troubleshooting processes and best maintenance practices by gaining knowledge through hands-on experience with LCMS systems and related custom products under development. The position will interact with various groups throughout the company, including, Service and Support, Manufacturing, R&D Application Development and R&D design owners.
- Help develop, document, and perform repair processes and maintenance duties required of the various hardware and software subcomponents of systems under development.
- Maintain a close collaborative partnership with Service and Support Teams to document and/or test work instructions for all maintenance and repair activities performed.
- Effectively communicate situational awareness related to design suitability and capability issues with a globally diverse team of design owners and manufacturing.
- Proficiently use project management software to document all activities using good documentation practices.
- Contribute enthusiasm and positive energy to an efficient team environment.
- BA or BS in a scientific discipline or equivalent technical discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Enthusiastic about maintaining, servicing and supporting complex analytical equipment, including Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry systems.
- Proficient in troubleshooting both hardware and software issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience troubleshooting automated sample preparation systems is a plus.
- Manual dexterity - must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow a standard work-week and core working hours in order to be available to R&D scientists when support is needed.
- Ability to travel domestic and international (up to 5%)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.