When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing organization to support and improve manufacturing process, participate and lead root cause analysis to correct issues, implement changes as needed and update process documentation. Participate and assists Manufacturing Engineers on projects (Capital, Development or R&D) recommending/testing equipment or process improvements including process validation.
- Adhere to all the Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
- Provide visible area safety leadership.
- Assist and lead incident rapid response investigations and safety audits when requested.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to assigned areas. This includes troubleshooting, facilities modifications, and process adjustments.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Work and assist with creation, revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Create and assist in the creation of manufacturing documentation, including but not limited to process procedure, drawings, and other manufacturing and design documents.
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering Promote and support PPI (Process Improvement) activities, define and lead smaller projects as necessary.
- Work and assist in the waste and scrap reduction initiatives. Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Engineering. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Good understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Background in cell manufacturing environments desirable.
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), Solidworks, AutoCAD).
- Bilingual – Fluent speaking Spanish-English read & write.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.