Job Title: Social Media Content Marketing Manager
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Marketing Development
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Are you passionate about social media in all in shapes and platforms? Would you love the challenge of taking complex scientific content and transforming it into engaging, shareable social experiences? Our customers and prospects demand relevant, accurate, technical resources that first grabs their attention as everyday people and then interacts and appeals to them as scientists in the social community. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are big believers in digital marketing and its power to enable us to grow while helping our customers achieve their scientific goals. We are the leader in serving science; making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. We are looking for someone to join us and make a difference.
As one of our Digital Marketing Managers, you will own developing, defining and executing digital content across multiple social channels for our Biosciences business units. You must be comfortable working in a large company, with strong collaboration/influencing abilities and great organizational, project management skills. There is so much to do in social. Being able to prioritize based on metrics, alignment with our content strategy and understanding of each post within the larger customer journey are key.
We are in the middle of a digital transformation. If you are up for the challenge and want to make a difference we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop innovative and creative digital content to engage current and potential customers across various platforms: social media, blog, and video.
- Execute on content that meets strategic goals and be willing to push back or revise content that does not.
- Partner with business unit managers to understand and support their campaigns across digital marketing channels.
- Manage and maintain content for 2-to-3 Bioscience business units.
- Identify growth opportunities and advise implementation of best practices across social media channels.
- Measures and reports applicable metrics and key performance indicators on a regular/ad hoc basis.
- This role will be responsible for maintaining social budgets and executing both paid ads and organic posts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or in relevant field
- Basic graphics design capability within Photoshop or similar program
- Minimum 3 years work experience in digital, social media or brand marketing
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Ability to interact well with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience marketing in Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device industries
- Basic video editing capabilities using Adobe Premiere or similar program
- Digital agency experience a plus
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.