- Works closely with Business Leader to define and execute projects that are in line with company goals and objectives.
- Ensures robust resource planning and management of a diverse array of projects serving many Business Units throughout Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Communicates effectively with a complex arrangement of internal and external stakeholders.
- Drives organizational discipline around analysis of project risk, product risk, manufacturing risk, and risk mitigation. Drives rigorous technical reviews, tractability, and contingency planning to minimize project risks, and advances the overall discipline of risk-based project execution in China Innovation Center.
- Leads team to investigate and evaluate new technologies and materials to remain innovative and competitive in product design and cost. This is most important in our key strategic areas of Air Quality, Water Quality, and Food Safety.
- Provides oversight to manage key partnerships with suppliers for materials, machines, equipment and components.
- Ensures that the Capability, Competence, and Capacity of the Engineering organization improves measurably every year. This leader will be accountable for organizational development using several approaches that include:
Talent Management & Development
- Mentors and enables managers in developing their teams with regard to capability, capacity, processes, teamwork, prioritization, and communication.
- Manages the performance and career development of direct staff to ensure strong capabilities and robust succession planning.
- Implements improvements to the China Innovation Center Product Development Process in coordination with the various Divisions. Maintains procedures and documentation related to the process.
- Utilizes CIC’s unique global relationships, drives development, training and adoption of best practices in product development processes and tools. Advances processes that improve the capability and capacity for projects executed in China, so to help the company participate in the large economic growth potential, investment opportunities of China.
- Maintains robust verification and validation processes for new materials, machines, equipment, components, processes and products prior to release to manufacturing.
- Accountable to ensure the creation and maintenance of thorough documentation for products, processes, and materials, including product structure, parts specifications, and other related technical documentation.
- Accountable for manage the priority and execution of some sustaining engineering.
- Accountable for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 audits related to the new product development processes.
- Instrumentation, Capital Equipment, and/or Life-Science Tool Industry experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Systems, or Software Engineering.
- 10+ years new product development experience
- 5+ years managing teams directly, and managing one or more managers.
- 5+ leadership of managing and developing engineering staff
- 5+ years project leadership experience inside robust stage/gate organization
- Exposure to formal training in Project Management principles (e.g. PMBOK)
- Results-oriented with ability to think critically to solve problems and drive results even with ambiguous inputs and complex requirements.
- Excellent cross-cultural and executive communications skills
- Ability to lead using influence in a matrixed, global environment
- Demonstrates role model leadership and the corporate values of integrity, intensity, innovation, and involvement
- MBA or comparable business training is a strong plus.
- Medical Device industry experience is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.