This position is responsible for the assistance in the collection of animal blood from various types of animals.
- Set-up bleeding stations to receive donor herd for bleeding.
- Extract blood from various donor herds in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare blood for transport to manufacturing facility.
- Perform clean-up function at the end of each bleeding day.
- Keep an inventory of equipment and supplies required to perform the job function.
- Report any deviations or unusual occurrences of SOPs to Farm team leader or supervisor.
- To ensure that all paperwork and electronic documents related to each days blood collect is complete and correct.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Personal attributes & skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Good communications, customer service and technical skills necessary.
- A good understanding of working within a farm environment.
- An ability to work unsupervised in a safe manner is essential.
- Honesty, responsibility and reliability (including accurate time keeping) are sought after attributes.
- Have an ability to verbally communicate to a good standard, conversational English.
Note: Desirable attributes and skills may be met with the equivalent combination of Education, Experience and Training.
Works in a farm bleeding environment.
Depending on the location of the bleeding station the work area may be noisy, warm, damp, congested or constricted to a sealed work area. During the winter this environment may be cooler.
May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 20kg.
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
Local travel may be required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.