The Supervisor, Logistics leads a team of Material Handlers to ensure materials are managed and controlled following our Company guidelines including quality systems regulations. Primary focus is Outbound Shipping. However, flexibility to support any Logistics operation is required. Logistics Supervisors will ensure that materials are moved in an accurate & controlled manner.
- Experience managing to Order Fulfillment Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Responsible for timely & accurate picking, packing & shipping of all sales orders.
- Experienced in cold chain shipping logistics.
- Effectively & accurately manage material movements.
- Experienced in Hazardous Materials Shipping.
- Capable of managing & driving cGMP Clean Close daily.
- Ability to manage the upcoming activities and flex and support changes to support daily outbound variation.
- Provides positive leadership to the warehouse personnel and supervises their daily activities.
- Responsible for managing & coaching employee performance & expectations.
- Maintains all materials and processes to ensure cGMP / GWP.
- Ensures all team members are working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prepares management reports including a Tier 2 board that measure the cadence and effectiveness of the activities being supervised.
- Supports PPI continuous improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Participates in the development and implementation of warehousing procedures including receiving, warehouse, material movements and inventory control.
- Management of quality issues to Thermo Fisher quality standards, including NCAR & CAPA management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Logistics and Cold chain shipping.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
- High School Diploma or BS degree required.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and a strong track record of working cross functionally.
- Must be able to effectively recommend, present and justify continued improvement activities.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities and tasks.
- Inventory Systems knowledge is strongly recommended, QAD, JDE or SAP preferred.
- Certified in Hazardous Materials shipping
- Experience in ISO 13485 & FDA Quality requirements
- This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.