As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Responsibility for achieving revenue targets in Israel/Russia territory
- Responsible for developing and driving the Israel/Russia market segment
- Responsible for achieving sales goals in the Israel/Russia market segment
- Forecast manufacturing needs of Israel/Russia market segment
- Primary contact for sales and support for end-users, reps, distributors and OEMs in territory
- Responsible for direct sales to key strategic customers in this market segment
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers in market
- Responsible for identifying, hiring, and managing sales reps activities in this market segment
- Develop and train indirect sales channels in territory
- Work with VP/GM in developing and implementing product training programs for reps, dealers and high profile users.
- Production of sales reports and forecasts as defined by VP/GM
- Coordinate sales plans and create transparency in selling opportunities.
- Leverage company resources effectively to close opportunities.
- For the Key accounts, utilize customer relationships to provide visibility into projects and budgets to the local sales force; develop a collaborative approach – from R&D to Enterprise – that will maximize customer value and Finesse bookings.
- Support sales team in large automation projects
- ensure communications are coordinated at all levels and sites globally at designated key accounts
- provide executive level reinforcement for local sales managers
- support sales team to develop/deliver proposals on time.
- Provide input on market trends and customer feature/product requests for new product development
- Support of local trade shows and some national and international marketing events as necessary
- Work with VP/GM and product marketing managers in developing and maintaining the advertising, trade show and printed promotional plans for product group
- In conjunction with marketing, gather data and suggest products and promotions that will penetrate the market, gain market share and increase sales
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE/FUNCTION:
Overview: The Israel/Russia Regional Sales manager is focused on leading the development and execution of strategies resulting in profitable growth through increased penetration of designated strategic (key) accounts and finding SmartFactory customers in his/her territory. The sales manager is the guardian of the customer relationship, orchestrating the development of corporate-wide resources to provide comprehensive product, service and solutions to the key account, and to optimize the opportunities to create mutually-valued productivity, growth and profitability. The sales manager drives the B2B alignment of Finesse local sales managers and the key account, and drives key strategic initiatives or pgrams at the key customer sites in order to achieve more efficient and effective business results. The main objective is to position Finesse as the supplier of first choice and to understand the budgets and programs over a long-term period at the key account. For Factory Solutions clients, the sales manager has a goal to win the immediately available projects working with the Enterprise Solutions team, while positioning Finesse strongly for the future.
Selling: The manager is a hands-on position. He/she will negotiate deals, attend sales presentations and help close. He/she will directly manage very large, high-profile customer accounts, as appropriate. He/she will help develop sales proposals and responses to request for proposals (RFPs).
Territory: Israel, Russia
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base;
- Identify, propose and win Finesse-product-based projects
- Create strategic plans for each key account
- Negotiate master supply agreements at key sccounts
- Maintain Finesse’s customer satisfaction program and related goals;
- Support the Director of Marketing with sales presence at trade shows and other marketing events
- Provide market information on Automation 4.0 roadmap information
- Based in Israel; Ability to travel throughout former USSR
- Education – Minimum B. S. Degree in Engineering or Biology
- Team Player
- Strong customer orientation
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the life science industries (Biotech preferred)
- Specific Experience - Demonstrated leadership role in developing and executing sales plans over a 1-2 year time span; demonstrated ability to command the respect of both technical and business teams at clients; Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning;
- Ability to leverage a CRM management tool to measure and monitor activity, progress towards sales goals, and results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills; Prior experience in sales and service systems development and deployment
- Ability to work independently and respond rapidly to changing market demands.
- Travel ~ 25% International
- Education – Master’s Degree in Engineering or Biology
- Experience - Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners;
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners;
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment;
- Management - Demonstrated ability to prioritize the work effort of multiple teams, and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule, and risks are managed appropriately; Superior written and communication skills