- Developing, implementing, maintaining, integrating and supporting complex systems in a highly regulated environment based upon business needs and user requirements, and serve as a resident expert in Oracle DB and LIMS.
- LIMS development/configuration.
- Translating user requirements into functional specifications, and then implementing those specifications via coding/configuration/workflow development.
- Keeps the project manager/reporting manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Liaise between the business and technology teams.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures technical teams are engaged, understand technical requirements and delivers required quality code/deliverable.
- Owns the software development life cycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Deliver to commitments on-time and in a quality manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a matrix environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Applies full system development life cycle methodology, including design, build, testing, and support to meet the business requirements.
- Takes the lead in developing solutions to solve customer issues.
- Delivers complex messages/subjects matter in a style that is simple and easy to understand and appropriate for the audience.
- 4 year Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years of demonstrated development experience in Oracle (DB, development) and LIMS
- Experience working in a GxP environment: GxP/CSV/Part 11 experience helpful
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction
- Nautilus LIMS experience a plus (development, configuration, and/or support)
- Biorepository experience preferred; Biopharma experience helpful
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven advanced developer expertise in Oracle (DB, development) and LIMS
- LIMS development/configuration
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications and then develop code / configuration to meet the requirements and specifications
- Good documentation and technical writing skills
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Prefer certification or advanced developer training in Oracle database, LIMS (Nautilus LIMS would be a plus).
- No direct reports
- Responsible for leading system development efforts and cross-functional teams
- Responsible for influencing business system users and IT team members
- Responsible for collaborating with contract resources
- Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- May be required to work after-hours and weekends as needed due to project demands
(This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.)