When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
Manage the day-to-day tactical execution of the material plan for purchased items required to support the Marietta, OH manufacturing operations in a manner consistent with customer service goal, site inventory days of supply and productivity improvements.
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Coordinate and communicate purchasing policies and procedures to suppliers.
· Implement and monitor supplier metrics for assigned suppliers to ensure supplier performance standards are met.
· Identify opportunities for schedule agreements to reduce replenishment lead times and costs.
· Implement engineering changes in a timely manner to minimize risk of both manufacturing disruption and excess inventory.
· Interface with assigned Value Streams to provide procurement support and communicate any pertinent procurement issues.
· Perform all responsibilities within standard processes for the Marietta site Procurement, in accordance with corporate and site policies, MRPII methodology, and SAP transactional requirements.
· Participate in continuous improvement (PPI) events and play an active role on other teams requiring supply chain support.
· Release purchase orders or monitor supplier kanbans in a timely manner to ensure continual flow of required purchased components to the value streams.
· Implement scheduling agreements, as appropriate, for consistent and stable supply with reduced inventory risk.
· Address MRP generated re-schedule, expedite, deferral, or cancellation messages as required to meet production schedules or avoid excess on hand materials.
· Escalate any known supplier issues or constraints to Procurement Manager and complete any prescribed actions to resolve.
· Coordinate timely implementation of engineering changes that involve purchased components.
· Negotiate with suppliers to avoid unnecessary expedite, freight, or rework charges.
· Ensure Master Data and purchasing parameters are correct to fully execute site procurement strategies.
· Manage non-conforming materials with Supplier Quality Engineering in a timely manner and ensure any required procurement actions including but, not limited to, quarantine, return or disposal, plus follow-up on completion of supplier corrective actions.
· Work in a manner consistent with corporate, site, and regulatory guidelines.
· Demonstrate understanding of site procurement metrics and participates in root cause corrective measure activities as requested.
· Self-manage workload and assist other Procurement Specialists or Site Procurement Project Leads, as necessary, to complete requisite duties for achievement of customer service levels.
· Work closely with Value Stream Operations and Production Control Planner to address any tactical concerns involving the flow of purchased materials to meet the production schedule. Mutual goal is to achieve no less than 95% compliance to schedule.
· Participate in meetings, and keep up to date on issues related to production run rates, market factors affecting demand and/or commodity supply, or assigned supplier specific matters.
· Support site MRO and Capital Expense needs of the site.
· Adjust working hours as required to support communication with a global supplier base.
· Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
· Participate in Continuous Improvement and support all Process Improvements. Keys and Lean projects.
· Perform other duties and cross training as assigned.
· BA/BS degree preferred. Preferred Degree in Supply Chain. An A.A.S. degree or H.S. diploma with 2 years experience in Manufacturing, Planning or Procurement will also be considered.
· Demonstrated ability to resolve problems
· Basic skill with Microsoft office
· Experience with computer-based ERP systems desirable
· APICS or CPM certification desirable
· SAP experience desirable
Relocation Assistance may be considered for this position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.