Job Title: Scientist III, Production (Chemistry)
Requisition ID: 50114BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Specialty Chemical Manufacturing Team in Pleasanton, CA is responsible for producing many of the key chemical compounds used in oligo synthesis, PCR and sequencing including fluorescent dyes, amidites, polystyrene supports, linkers, NHS esters and functionalized nucleosides. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. This position will provide direct labor to the Specialty Chemical Manufacturing work center. The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines.
- Run in process testing of products on HPLC, UV/Vis and NMR
- Execute manufacturing protocols accurately and with limited supervision
- Follow all EH&S safety requirements
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor
- Communicate effectively with other production staff
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results
- Proficient in manufacturing processes
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery
- Adhere to ISO 13485 guidelines and the Life Technologies quality policy
- Meet minimum productivity standards
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of manufacturing environments, and have direct experience with synthetic organic chemistry.1H/31P/13C NMR HPLC use and method development
- Large scale experience (1KG and above)
- UV/Vis Karl Fisher analysis
- Degree in Chemistry with an emphasis on Organic Synthesis.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform routine, in-process HPLC analysis and method development.
- Familiarity working with standard software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.