Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Requisition ID: 50235BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
This position interacts with both internal customers and external vendors. That interaction requires good oral communication and analytical skills in identifying problems and implementing engineering solutions. Effectiveness in this role also requires a good technical and functional understanding of the assigned customers’ products, processes, equipment, and systems. The incumbent will need to apply fundamental engineering concepts, practices and procedures to solve problems and create solutions. The role will provide continuous development of technical expertise through experience and application. The incumbent works on problems of moderate scope and complexity requiring analysis of identifiable factors. The incumbent will exercises judgment within well-defined procedures.
- Act as Project Engineer to lead, plan, and execute projects.
- Evaluate economic feasibility of capital projects and prepare justifications.
- Participate on cross-functional project teams in the development of engineering specifications and plans.
- Troubleshoots existing products and processes to recommend and develop/design engineering solutions to address capacity, cost, and quality issues.
- Participate on New Product Introduction Teams in transfer and scale-up new products and processes.
- Identify and implement new equipment to meet product and process requirements.
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives and support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) activities.
- Carry out moderate level engineering design tasks.
- Develop and conduct routine validation/qualification protocols for new products, processes, and systems.
- Understand, support, and utilize 6 sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Collect and analyze data using engineering principles and statistical models and interpret results; assist in the planning and design of experiments.
- Prepare reports and present data to peers, supervisor, and internal customers.
- Generate and maintain project documentation as required, including: Timelines, Risk Assessments, Drawings, Schematics, SOPs, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs)
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemical, Bioengineering, or related field required.
- Requires BS 2-5 years or MS 1-2 years with relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of relevant biotechnology processes, manufacturing systems, and products required.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills needed. Familiarity of relevant regulatory requirements preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of company employees.
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.