When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Next Gen Sequencing TSS will have strong technical and product expertise and will lead the sales process for Ion platforms in close collaboration with the District Manager and to the Genetic Analysis (GA) team. The Next Gen Sequencing TSS will have ownership for driving Ion Torrent KOL (Key Opinion Leader) success, developing high level relationships with key opinion leaders, with the purpose of making these engagements successful as positive Ion references in the market. These Ion successes are to be shared among the GA sales teams and converted into useful selling collateral for Life Technologies. The Next Gen Sequencing TSS will ensure tight alignment with the Business Unit and maintain a level of communication with the product teams focused on training needs, market feedback and product development input.
- Develop and manage to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Commercial management for the territory.
- Partner closely with the Genetic Analysis Sales Representatives and District Manager, as assigned, on account planning and lead generation as identified via workflow solution opportunities.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of next generation sequencing markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilize product and application to successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges such that company solutions are best positioned to address customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years of technical/sales experience in Life Science.
- Extensive knowledge of sequencing technologies.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.