- Performs chemical acquisitions activities including structure data entry and chemical information review for the Repository collection’s chemical inventory database.
- Receives and reviews incoming compound samples shipment
- Ensures completeness and correctness of paperwork prepared to describe and accompany chemical sample exports including accuracy of chemical structures and names.
- Performs chemical analysis using a variety of techniques (e.g. HPLC, FT-IR, etc.)
- Reviews physical inventory and inventory database to confirm and/or update chemical information and hazard communication data.
- Evaluates, classifies, labels, and prepares documentation necessary for chemical disposal activities.
- Coordinates new supplier applications
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Requires ability to prepare reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, Word and Access.
- Proficiency with one or more chemical structure drawing programs (e.g. ChemDraw or ACD/ChemSketch). Familiarity with chemical nomenclature standards.
- Requires knowledge of chemical hygiene, hazard communication, general laboratory and quality assurance/control.
- Ability to take part in minor chemical spill clean-up efforts including use of full-face respirator.
- May need the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Requires ability to role model behavior consistent with company values.
- Requires demonstration of strong logic and problem‐solving skills.
- Must be self‐driven; able to function and complete tasks without continual oversight and direction from Management.
- Must have high level of integrity and reliability, as database and inventory management are key aspects of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry/ Biochemistry
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in the chemical or allied industries.
0800 - 1630 core hours.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in chemical warehouse environment with strong odor.
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, hazardous materials, marked changes in temperature.
- Must use personal protective equipment, engineering controls, and adhere to safety protocols.
- Must be able to wear nitrile gloves up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in walk‐in freezers or refrigerators periodically for up to 2 hours per day.
- Must be able to use a computer up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to wear a full-face respirator for 2 hours at a time.