When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, is responsible for inspection, assembly, and packing of products.
- Become familiar with product lines and all related visual defects in order to identify rejected parts.
- Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor or set-up personnel.
- Perform 15-minute inspections of high volume production.
- Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles throughout the shift.
- Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e. 15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production of bottles.
- Work to established QC samples.
- Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.