When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Director of Sales at Core Informatics is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and organization for our sales function. This individual will own the day-to-day responsibilities as the sales team leader, with direct management of 8-10 sales representatives. Additionally, he/she is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies, monitoring and analyzing sales activity and collaborate with Marketing and Product Development to achieve our sales goals.
- Develop and execute plans and strategies for achieving the company’s sales goals
- Manage the sales team, ensuring a high-performance culture focused on achieving results
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Recruit talent drawing on personal network and expertise
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- College Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 7+ years of successful field sales experience selling to scientific organizations. Experience in the R&D software market, including LIMS or ELN preferred but not required.
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in successful strategic large account selling along with fast paced tactical selling to small and mid-sized companies
- Prior sales management experience preferred but not required
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work remotely
- Competent in managing multi-level complex sales opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 50%+ travel throughout your defined territory and further afield as required.