When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Global Compliance Services Team is seeking an energetic, engaged and creative professional with experience in the Ion Torrent NGS Oncomine workflow and systems, as well as molecular platforms including RT-PCR and CE sequencing. In this position, you will be responsible for the technical project management and execution of customer-facing projects, as well as the development of value-added services on molecular biology platforms in regulated (e.g. clinical and pharmaceutical) and non-regulated markets. You will co-lead the development of basic instrument qualification services as well as value-added professional services for Life Technologies instrument platforms in collaboration with platform and service product managers as well as key global field-based personnel. Efficiency, accuracy, a keen willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural and geographically distributed environment are essential to success in this job.
- Manage customer-facing engagement projects, on-site and off-site, to ensure timely execution and customer success.
- Execute customer-facing engagements and marshal internal resources including field engineers, field application scientists, remote technical support personnel, technical sales specialists, product management, manufacturing and R&D scientists.
- Interface with customer stakeholders at all levels including laboratory scientists, laboratory technicians, laboratory directors, IT, QA as well as regulatory staff and/or consultants globally.
- Help identify areas in NGS and RT-PCR workflows where the company can offer value-added services to speed production deployment of platforms, increase customer retention and prohibit competitive entry.
- Help develop and pilot value-added services at customer sites and help with commercialization of services.
- Work effectively in a structured product and service development process.
- Work effectively in an FDA regulated and ISO compliant process and/or accredited facilities.
- Continually look for process improvement in the development, training and delivery of services.
- Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required for company business needs from time to time.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a scientific discipline.
- 4+ years of molecular biology laboratory experience with an emphasis on NGS and qPCR clinical or LDT workflows.
- Demonstrable experience leading projects.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience with techniques and applications of NGS (Oncomine), Sanger sequencing and qPCR.
- Deep knowledge of Ion Torrent NGS Products and systems especially Oncomine, as well as qPCR Sanger sequencing, primary and secondary analysis software.
- Customer-facing support and troubleshooting experience with Oncomine, qPCR and/or Sanger sequencing platforms.
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Visio) and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management Certification.
- Experience working with R&D on product development.
- CLIA/CAP experience and up to date knowledge.
- Experience with method validation on qPCR and/or Sanger sequencing platforms.
- Experience with bridging studies, method transfer studies.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.