When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fabrication Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for developing and continuously improving the processes which turn design-intent drawings into future products which meet our customer's requirements specifically in the area of metal fabrication.
• Work to establish new processes and continuously improve tooling, programming of fabrication automation and manufacture.
• Use of Lean methodologies including value stream mapping, standardized work, continuous flow, material flow, and much more are mandatory.
• MEs may also specify and/or design tools, equipment, racks, data streams, and fixtures to improve process metrics.
• MEs must be able to work with cross functional teams including Design Engineering, Production, Quality, Materials, Maintenance, Sourcing, etc. to apply root cause analysis tools to develop and implement corrective actions to issues that arise during Qualification and Launch.
• BSME, BSIE, or BSEE degree or higher preferred.
• The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in Lean fabrication and assembly techniques applied to high mix/low volume product families, especially for painted and unpainted metal components in the area of fabrication.
• 2D and 3D drafting skills (AutoCAD and Solidworks) preferred.
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing.
• Occasional travel may be required to visit other Thermo Fisher Scientific locations, vendors, or for training.
• Expertise in Fabrication Automation, Robotics and Mechatronics, for automation of processes, and programming/ integrating PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Direct Soft) and HMIs (Panel View, C-more, and Pro Designer).
1) Three years of Manufacturing Engineering experience, with 1 - 2 years metal fabrication preferred.
2) Demonstrated experience with scoping project requirements, justifying capital expenditures, and implementing projects which increase Safety, Quality, Capacity, and/or Productivity
3) Demonstrated Root Cause Analysis capabilities
Relocation Assistance may be considered for this position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.