Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for strategic planning and management of digital marketing campaigns with the goal of driving qualified prospects to fishersci.com and converting those prospects to customers who buy and self-serve online. You will play a key role as liaison between product portfolio managers, industry segment managers, sales managers, service managers, and the digital marketing technology team, providing a digital marketing overlay to strategic and tactical marketing plans.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will manage all digital components of campaigns to target new customer acquisition, increase customer engagement or reengagement and conversion, as well as develop new marketing campaigns and new marketing strategies that maximize profitability and expand share of wallet.
We will look to you to drive portfolio managers' planning of digital marketing activities and to ensure the implementation, coordination and delivery of recommended digital strategies. You will coordinate campaign execution with marketing services and the digital marketing technology team to ensure that campaigns are executed effectively and that results are fed back into the planning process to refine strategies and tactics.
We expect you to have experience in planning and executing measurable campaigns that span multiple digital marketing tactics , including email, SEO/ SEM, display advertising, retargeting, and social media. You will also have experience in converting website visitors to buyers through techniques such as online promotions, merchandising, split testing, and internal search optimization.
- Plan and manage digital marketing campaigns. Provide recommendations in response to customer needs and anticipate and identify new market opportunities. Develop digital marketing programs/campaigns to address these needs. Facilitate successful delivery of these digital marketing programs/campaigns.
- Drive qualified prospects to fishersci.com and convert those prospects to customers who buy and serve themselves online.
- Drive digital marketing campaigns from planning to execution in collaboration with portfolio management, strategic marketing, marketing services, sales, service and digital marketing technology teams.
- Investigate new digital marketing opportunities and establish recommended strategies by analyzing market data, customer feedback and evaluating existing business strengths and weaknesses.
- Work independently to develop and execute objectives and goals in line with Research and Safety Marketing Division business strategy.
- Nurture customer relationships and continually seek new customer opportunities.
- Collect and analyze campaign, financial, marketing and sales information. Recommend strategies to expand reach and improve revenue/GP based on analysis. Review campaign progress continually to measure effectiveness and ensure attainment of objectives and results.
- Work with Director of Global Digital Marketing to set and define digital marketing strategy. Ensure that recommended strategy aligns with and is supported by stakeholders.
- Assume a leadership role with portfolio, marketing and sales colleagues and with members of other departments that support the digital marketing programs.
- Ensure alignment of social media strategy with business development goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience leading digital marketing initiatives.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing technology platforms. Experience with marketing automation, salesforce automation, ad targeting, predictive marketing engines, social media platforms and other technologies in the digital marketing ecosystem.
- Experience planning and running email, SEO/SEM, display advertising, retargeting, and social media campaigns.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, motivated, able to work independently
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; demonstrated ability to lead without direct authority
- Capacity to work well across multiple functional areas
- Proficient at problem solving skills; creative thinker
- Understanding of financial drivers, profitability, revenue/GP
- Sales knowledge, territory management, sales planning, prospecting skills
- Presentation skills, professionalism
- Strategic thinker
- High energy, creative