When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Laboratory Chemicals Products business is currently seeking a Shipping Warehouse Team Lead at our Fair Lawn, NJ site.
The Team Lead will provide guidance, direction and leadership for the areas of supervision to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed our customer’s expectation.
• Supervise within the strategic priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Follow optimized sequence, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently.
• Track worker performance by performing regular floor walks and responding to problems immediately.
• Record and review daily metrics within the Daily Management Tier System.
• Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays.
• Identify additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements for staff and self.
• Manage the vacation schedules of all employees on shift and manage resources to align.
• Enforce all contractual standards and ensure proper adherence to include discipline when applicable.
• Support and when necessary provide guidance to Value Stream support staff to include engineering, label, quality, and supply chain functions.
• Ensure proper execution of 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits.
• Follow up on the training and provide guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels.
• Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
• Ensure all Process Orders are received and dispositioned in a timely manner; accuracy should be 100% on a daily basis.
• Drive and execute logistics focused processes within Warehouse area; leverage current business models and expertise
• Demonstrate strong business acumen, organizational and analytical skills. Must have baseline working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
• Effective employee management skills including dealing with difficult employee situations and providing constructive feedback. Ability to coach, counsel and encourage subordinates.
• Manage shift-to-shift communications.
• Responsible to assist in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing/warehousing environment
• 1-3 years manufacturing/warehousing supervisory experience
• Highly motivated and energetic in daily work, problem solving, and continuous improvement
• Able to effectively use ERP/MRP systems
• Knowledge of Current DOT standards and shipping regulations
• FDA/GMP experience a plus
• Lean manufacturing experience, preferable
This is a first shift position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.