HID Manufacturing Manager Russia
Job ID :
Russia - Saint Petersburg
- Managing the operation for the HID facility in St. Petersburg, four directs reports. The effective and optimal scheduling of work to ensure the efficient utilization of departmental resources.
- Coordinating supply chain activities procurement, material storage and shipping.
- Managing equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Continuous improvement of processes to deliver product quality and cost improvements.
- Design and introduction of solutions to improve quality and cost.
- Transfer and introduction of existing and new products.
- Implementation of business excellence processes, like 5S, Six Sigma, High Performance Working Teams, PPI.
- Departmental Budgeting.
- Managing projects, capital investment projects of $1 – 2 million per annum.
- Identifying and creating investment proposals that with improve product quality and reduce costs. Either within own areas of responsibility or in collaboration with other site managers and supervisors.
- Extensive experience within a cross section of manufacturing operations and supply chain management roles within the medical device, pharmaceutical or life sciences sectors.
- Experience in a GMP and regulated environment is an advantage.
- Strong communications, team-building, and leadership skills.
- A track record for developing high performance teams and developing talent.
- You'll have an understanding of key quality, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Degree in an Biotechnology
- Experience in Production Management / Operations Management / Engineering Discipline
- An MBA or Lean Six Sigma Black Beltwould be highly advantageous.
- Must possess the leadership skills to take charge and initiate actions to cause change and be able to coach and develop reports to full potential, focus on change management/leadership and be results orientated.
- Demonstrated track record of adapting and working within a team and matrix environment.
- Lead and coach direct and indirect reports.
- Relentless focus on Quality, Cost and Manufacturing Lead Time Improvements.
- Develop, drive and deliver improvements against core operational and engineering metrics.
- Driven, completer,finisher who identifies and makes improvements happen.
- Challenges current practices and processes to bring about improvements in operations efficiency and quality.
- Stays informed on current technology and solutions. Identifying how it can be applied and implemented to deliver performance improvements.
- Holds supplier accountable to deliver against contracts and timelines.
- Collaborates with colleagues with the LSG and Thermo Fisher Scientific matrix structure to learn, share and implement best practices.
- Networks externally and benchmark operation and performance against parallel industry sectors.
- Is truly passionate about helping our customer making the world healthier, cleaner and safer.