When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Product Manager within the Laboratory Products Division will lead the global strategic planning for the manual storage and environmental portfolio focused on cell culture, compound storage, and molecular biology while acting as the liaison between the sales channel, commercial marketing, sourcing, supply chain, quality, and manufacturing. The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for developing portfolio strategy with a strong focus on the current through 2 year vision for new product development and lead from discovery, launch, and post-launch assessment. You will lead the global portfolio for storage plates, storage vials/tubes, cryo-boxes, cryocanes, containers, freezer racks, and environmental products for Nalgene, Nunc, and Thermo Scientific from cradle to grave.
Responsibilities include defining customer segments, developing global campaigns and programs, market and opportunity assessment, demand generation, and customer loyalty using multiple marketing and financial tools. The successful candidate will drive short to long term strategy via delivery of application and product roadmaps, new technology introductions, partnerships, competitive benchmarking, sales channel optimization, and product life cycle management.
The Sr. Product Manager will lead the new opportunity assessment for discovery (market size, trends, unmet needs, competitive position, IP, value proposition) phase, justification (financials, NPV, payback, capital) phase, launch, and post launch assessment. Additional responsibilities include relationship management with key opinion leaders as well as working across the company to uncover hybrid and or synergistic product, selling, and marketing opportunities.
- Create and execute global annual marketing plan that enables annual revenue targets.
- Participate with regional commercial marketing teams on product promotions, cross-selling and customer facing sales tools
- Ensure that proper print collateral, electronic material, and tools are created, updated, and available to maximize mindshare and opportunity pipelines.
- Drive marketing communication tactics, including website content updates, application notes, electronic and printed literature, newsletters and articles
- Provide competitive benchmarking and positioning to commercial sales
- Maintain relationships with key customers for VOC collection and new product development
- Creates and performs global product and market application training
- Works closely with supply chain, sourcing, and operations to drive SKU optimization for the portfolio. Determine make vs buy decisions and centers of excellence.
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings, and other activities to support customers and revenue growth.
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience, MBA degree preferred.
- 4 years of work experience within the Life Sciences, Applied Sciences, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or Clinical vertical markets
- 6 years Product Management, Market Manager, Business Development, or Commercial Marketing experience, preferably on a global scale.
- Strategic thinker, able to create strategy, and adapt to grow faster than the market
- Experience with CRM database programs, such as Salesforce.com
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and executing on time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to influence others.
- A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to fruition.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
- Applications or laboratory experience in life science considered a plus.
- Courageous, outgoing, analytical, strategic, disciplined, agile, team-oriented
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
- Results and solution-driven with ability to think creatively
- Proactively cooperate with other departments to create holistic marketing programs and campaigns that align with internal processes
- Ability to effectively present to higher levels of organizations, internally and externally
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships internal and external to the organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.