When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Supply Center Specialist, you will carry out the on-site product inventory maintenance and optimization of multiple locations at the University of Utah. You will work closely with the sales team to optimize the inventory and customer experience of these onsite stocking programs to ensure continued growth and customer satisfaction. Working at large volume and high service level customer locations, you are responsible for ongoing inventory optimization and enhancing the customer experience to ensure annual growth goals are met.
- Maintain inventory and storage units (e.g. receiving deliveries, unpacking stock, restocking, cleaning units, performing a physical inventory and maintaining visual ID and branding standards).
- Order inventory (e.g. utilize online or manual systems for collecting orders, compiling a list of depleted inventory, placing restocking orders and adding new products as needed).
- Rotate inventory to ensure “First-in, first-out” and minimal product expirations.
- Ensure the proper mix of products to match the ever-changing needs of the customers by adding and deleting products and supporting new product introductions.
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience and confidence with inventory by maintaining merchandising standards, branding standards, and proper inventory quantity and product mix along with maintaining equipment condition.
- Proactively seek feedback and look for opportunities to improve our business relationships both internally and externally.
- Maintain corporate approved labeling and signage, including ensuring adequate levels of promotional material, sign-out sheets and other administrative materials as directed (including compiling MSDS and Cert of Analysis if required).
- Respond to customer inquiries (e.g. establish a system for spot orders, update inventory) Maintain customer lists, reports, and records (e.g. compiling transactions for billing purposes).
- Provide real-time customer and competitive intelligence to sales account teams on a regular basis.
- In consultation with sales account manager, determine customer inventory requirements.
- Support business initiatives by sharing account specific knowledge and leveraging key account relationships.
- Utilize the preferred ordering mechanisms.
- Execute and assist with product shows, seminars, on-site promotions, and other on-site promotional events.
- Communicate (and establish) ideas for on-going inventory management efficiency.
- Complete all required training.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with some relevant scientific coursework.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in customer service, sales, research & development, and inventory management.
- Proven experience working independently with little or no guidance.
- Customer-centric and aware of markets, trends and competitors.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or other related scientific field.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.