This position will be responsible for review of CCG customer contractual agreements and comparing them to the terms that exist in the systems to identify areas where the customer terms are not in compliance with the contractual agreement. Quantify the potential opportunity, implement and track savings within the businesses on an ongoing basis to deliver value to the business. Perform customer transportation analysis to show over all view of customer transportation and provide alternative options to meet the requirements of the customer. Additionally, this position will be responsible for creating customer financial data comparing customer Proforma data to actual customer performance and year over year comparisons.
- Take high level direction and work independently to drive execution of department goals.
- Develop analysis requirements and plans to execute and implement projects.
- Support development and training of co-workers in other departments and sales teams on transportation, pricing, and compliance concepts.
- Identify, quantify, evaluate and prioritize customer compliance opportunities and risk exposure across HMD, Suppliers, Global Exports and RSD.
- Develop customer compliance information tools & supporting business processes to maintain visibility to relevant customer terms and conditions.
- Track and communicate progress and results of improvement projects.
- Determine options on freight and handling for a “win” “win” for Thermofisher and customer.
- Translate understanding of transportation and pricing concepts to actionable customer audit information.
- Proactively identify unfavorable transportation terms, off contract price books, and unfavorable price methods.
- Understand how to interpret customer transportation, pricing agreements, customer price & hot list programs and audit methodologies.
- Understand sales process and account management.
- Communicate with customer account owner/decision makers and drive correction of exposed risks and compliance opportunities.
- Provide decision support to the Customer Channel group through compliance templates, routine actionable reports, and targeted pricing and transportation analysis.
- Ability to effectively work independently with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Understanding of financial concepts, analytical approaches and operational modeling skills.
- Strong data handling skills with demonstrated ability to turn high volume of data into actionable information.
- Ability to streamline collection, analysis & reporting processes.
- Oriented towards achieving bottom-line results – with ability to drive towards deadlines.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent Skills in MS-Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint). Access, SQL and/or Cognos a plus.
- Transportation, pricing operations or customer contract experiences a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
1-2 years experience in transportation, pricing operations, operations improvement, financial analysis, sales operations support experience or other relevant background. Associate degree, Bachelors degree preferred.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.