Purchase to Pay Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific currently has a vacancy for a Purchase to Pay Specialist at its Life Sciences Group European Headquarters in Paisley, near Glasgow. This is a senior role in the team and an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organisation.
Our Purchase to Pay team is part of an EMEA shared services centre, and we believe that we offer some unique opportunities for great AP professionals, such as:
- P2P operational team targets – to help encourage and foster best practice team work you will have the opportunity to achieve a personal incentive based on team KPI’s which could be worth up to c£1,600 per year in addition to your basic salary.
- Producing monthly AP KPI & Metrics reports working to tight deadlines
- Control reporting and analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Project work
- Interface with various internal departments and external suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Review / check supplier payments
- Review /check Vendor Address Book updates
- Provide cover for Vendor Address Book requests as required
- SOX control
- Indirect Procurement
- System administration
- May perform other related/ad hoc tasks/projects as required and/or assigned.
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ownership awareness
- Risk and Control awareness
- Team focused
- Understanding and appreciation of audit, SOX requirements & VAT rules
- Microsoft – Excel (minimum intermediate), Word, Outlook etc.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with all levels of personnel in and outside the company. Excellent communication skills and a professional approach at all times are essential. Initiative and organisational skills are required to ensure the timely completion of high volume work. Meeting month end deadlines together with good system knowledge is essential to perform this role effectively and efficiently.
Education and Experience:
Educated to Standard Grade level or equivalent. Relevant experience of a control function and reporting in Accounts Payable Department, ideally with experience in a high volume processing function, within a multi-national environment. VAT & Employee benefit knowledge would be an advantage.
European foreign language knowledge not required but would be beneficial.
Has contact with all level of company employees, outside agencies and consultants.
Works in an open office environment with air conditioning. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Regular viewing of computer monitor normal with telephone interruptions. There may be a requirement to work overtime and travel on occasions.
E1 – Oracle
Excel/Microsoft – Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook etc.