A Customer Service Representative (CSR) interacts with customers via inbound call or email to provide them with information to address requests regarding products and services and to provide solutions to any issues. CSR's provide exceptional customer service, promptly and accurately when responding to customer requests.
- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and provides technical assistance as required.
- Works with other departments within ThermoFisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy, etc.).
- Increases revenue by participating in up-sell and cross-sell opportunities (Canada).
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company.
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including problem solving, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Good PC knowledge and excellent keyboarding skills.
- 0-1 years of Customer Service experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Must type at least 25 wpm
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
- Solid understanding of computer basics (Windows, Excel, Word, Email and Internet)
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.