When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Facility Department is committed to providing our customers a professional work place. Our focus is to provide a first class operating facility for our customers, visitors and business associates.
The facilities engineer is responsible for planning plant, office and production equipment layouts in existing and future facilities for economy of operation and maximum utilization of facilities and equipment.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Reviews, estimates and manages project costs, including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs
- Request bids from trade contractors, initiate planning, organization, control, and integration required to completion of all projects assigned.
- Create and manage Facility Procedures and Policies tied to group operations.
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Coordinate and direct contractors
- Coordinate completion of Facility Work Orders
- Develop and maintain accurate records of maintenance activities on a computerized management system (Work order system).
- Provide predictive and preventative maintenance support to ensure maximum operating efficiency of facilities equipment.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly walk-throughs checking gauges, meters, and verifying operational correctness of equipment and systems.
- Perform planned and unplanned HVAC, plumbing and controls maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor and Manage the performance of the Cleanrooms as outlined by the Specifications set by the Production teams.
- Utilize the computerized building management system to monitor status of Facility equipment and systems; correct any malfunction, and make needed changes.
- Maintain building management systems, correct any malfunction, and make needed changes.
- Draft work procedures, checklists, and other needed documents with limited guidance.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- University Degree in industrial engineering, architecture, or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Must be available 24x7 for emergencies and site needs
- Requires 2-5 years’ experience with facilities equipment, and maintenance, project management experience.
- Must have HVAC experience
- Must have demonstrated general knowledge of plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
- Strong business computer skills with proficiency in business platforms and other computer tools
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and ability to work with and influence all levels of Management.
- Hands-on facilities operational skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.