We have a great opportunity for a field service engineer to install, calibrate, maintain and repair instruments in the company’s product portfolio and assist the sales team to achieve sales and margin targets so that growth and performance objectives are exceeded.
The role involves fostering a partnership with the business Group’s customers by providing them with advice and technical support that will help them gain the most from the products sold.
- Perform in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO9002: 1994 Quality Standard, as detailed in the Company’s Quality Manual.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- Promote and develop the Technical Service capability.
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed.
- Perform in accordance all relevant certification procedures, such as NATA, ISO.
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including the entering of all parts and text on the computer system, so that the invoicing process is accurate and the KRAs are met.
- Assist the Sales Team with technical information, training and demonstrations as agreed with your manager.
- To help the team achieve sales and margin (gross) targets for designated product portfolio/territory.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow our customers’ service and sales, so that our budgets are met and exceeded.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for the continual improvement in the procedures, quality and efficiency of Technical Service.
- This position has the responsibility to approve expenses relating to consumables and local purchases related to an active job up to $500.
- Submit expense claims and AMEX reconciliation as per company policy.
- Maintain company property according to company policy, including but not limited to: GOA stock, Company vehicle, Telephones, Computer and other material deemed company property.
- Tertiary qualification in a technical / electronic / mechanical discipline preferred.
- Appropriate electrical certification.
- Experience within the scientific market and/or familiarity with scientific products preferred.
- Experience in a technical support role preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Organizational skills with an ability to prioritize manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximize business opportunities.
- An initiative taker who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.