Working knowledge of UPS and FedEx shipping systems a plus
Shipping experience, Domestic and International
Operation of Postage Machines (e.g. Pitney Bowes)
Hazardous material handling
49 CFR/IATA certification a plus
SAP a plus
Driver’s License Required
- Shipments, including packing of samples, dangerous goods and palletized freight, domestic and international
- Receiving, unloading and processing of incoming packages
- Deliver inbound freight or packages to various locations throughout site
- Work with end-user to coordinate shipments and deliveries
- Mail Sorting, Mail Pick Up and Delivery
- Drive Company Van between site and USPS
- Follow procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & Work Instructions
- Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily activities
- Communicate with Supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Capture monthly metrics as determined by Supervisor
- Maintain Shipping and Receiving supplies
- Daily use of power industrial vehicles, such as electric pallet jacks, forklift
- Strong attention to detail in safety protocols
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have two to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promote team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Work primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.