At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for developing cell therapy clinical and commercial support business for Fisher BioServices in the US market. The Business Development Manager will play a critical role in establishing Fisher BioServices as the leader for innovative cell therapy solutions. As a key member of the global cell therapy business, this position will also be responsible for driving Fisher BioServices’ strategic cell therapy initiatives, developing new business opportunities, evaluating and executing of strategic collaborations, primarily in the US market on the west coast. This position will work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Quality/Regulatory functions across the division to ensure the seamless execution of the Cell and Gene Therapy Service Line. Other responsibilities include collaborating with other Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses working in the Cell and Gene Therapy market space to optimize alignment and coordination within the corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy business plan and strategy to maximize US Cell and Gene Therapy market penetration.
- Build an impactful sales funnels from prospecting and existing business partnership.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to help prospect for new opportunities and build relationships with potential partners.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, build relationships with key decision makers.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders within and across BSD and Thermo Fisher to help develop partnering strategy.
- Monitor budgets and financial risks in compliance with organization requirements. Optimize value for money and ensure that compliance with regulatory and financial policies is assured.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
- Requires strong understanding and experience in Cell and Gene Therapy development business
- Requires excellent leadership, self motivation, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Requires ability to work in a team and help lead a culture of collaboration and teamwork; ability to forge relationships internally and externally
- Requires ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Requires multi tasking experience, flexibility and a functional understanding of time and priority management with the capability of achieving short term objectives while meeting deadlines and tracking longer-term projects and strategic initiatives to completion in a timely fashion.
- Requires well developed general business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics and ROI analyses.
- Requires expert PowerPoint skills, and experience with Microsoft Project.
- Requires strong collaborative track record, which includes working within a matrix environment along with the ability to find solutions to a common goal.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires BA/BS in a life science discipline. MBA and/or graduate degree in a life science discipline preferred.
- Requires 5+ years business development experience in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry with a track record of sourcing partnership opportunities.
- Requires familiarity with commercial operations, relationship management and marketing tools.
- Prior CMO experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of biopharma commercialization is preferred.
Certificates and/ or Licenses:
8am – 5pm, core hours, additional hours as needed. Requires up to 75% domestic travel.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to use a computer up to 8 hours per day.