Work Location: Center of Excellence Lab in San Jose, CA (relocation may be available)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A dynamic and self-motivating individual is required to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as an Associate Demonstration Chemist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Demonstration and Applications Labs, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to aid and help senior personnel enact LCMS product demonstrations related to small molecule applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for and participate in supporting LCMS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Scientific’s state of the art mass spectrometry products (QQQ and Orbitrap family).
- Learn to demonstrate routine small molecule applications for customers.
- Perform routine maintenance on Mass Spectrometry equipment as appropriate
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a BS. in Chemistry or a Bioscience or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- 1+ years of hands on LCMS experience.
- An understanding of small molecule and /or protein LCMS workflows and associated informatics is required.
- Experience with LCMS instrumentation either qualitative or quantitative.
- Requires good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Good project and time management skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 15%).
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a BS education in science with LCMS experience.
- Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Knowledge of basic chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
- Knowledge of small molecule quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics.
- Experience with Microsoft’s basic software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to present experimental results and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Interaction with Other Employees (level of contact, purpose and frequency)
Candidate will have daily face-to-face contact with Demo Chemists and other members of the San Jose facility. It is expected that the person will be an active team player and contribute ideas which will improve the demo lab environment and promote the customer’s experience visiting the San Jose Demo and Applications Laboratory.